$1600/month, 2 bedroom/1 Bath, Barnum / Athmar Park
What a great deal!!! This one-story, 2 bedroom/1 bath single family house (not a duplex or apartment!!!) with an oversized two car garage AND a fenced backyard less than 5 miles to downtown, Highlands, Berkeley, Jefferson Park, Sloan's Lake, LoDo, and LoHi for $1600/month!! This home would work well for 2 college roommates or 2 young professionals, and a wide variety of others as well.
The home is bright with earthy tones, nice hardwood floors throughout home (tile in kitchen/bathroom/foyer), double paned windows to keep you warm in the winter and ceiling fans in both bedrooms/living room to keep you cool in the summer. There is a great sunroom that would be ideal for plant lovers or combined as a "mudroom" for your mountain gear. It is clean and move in ready!
This home is an absolutely non-smoking and drug free home. No consumption, selling or growing of illegal drugs allowed.
• Available February 1, 2017 – January 31, 2018, unfurnished
• Rent: $1600/month + $2000 refundable security deposit
• 2 bedroom / 1 bath single family house
• Fenced backyard
• Oversized 2 car garage + 2 off street parking spaces (With garage openers). The garage is spacious enough to allow for extra storage such as motorcycles, bicycles, camping/ski gear, tools, etc.
• Basement for additional storage
• Appliances: dishwasher, refrigerator, electric stove/oven, microwave, and washer & dryer are included.
• Tenant responsibilities: Yard care and snow shoveling. Tenants are responsible for paying all utilities directly to the utility provider. Landlord pays sewage/trash.
• Transportation: 2 blocks to the Weir Gulch Bike Trail that connects to the Platte River Bike Trail (4mi bike ride to REI!!); minutes to 6th Ave/I-25/I-70; 3 blocks to the nearest bus station; TWO light rail stations within 2 miles! Ride the train to Union Station!!
LOCATION!! LOCATION!! LOCATION!!
This house is only 3.8 miles to Sloan's Lake, 4 miles to Highlands, Jefferson Park and Downtown; 4.5 miles to LODO, and 5 miles to Berkeley with rent priced at 25% less!!!
Within a 5 mile radius you will find: Ross Barnum Library, Barnum Water Park, Recreation Center (with outdoor pool), dog park, Athmar Park, Athmar Park Library, Bel Mar Shopping District, Santa Fe and 1st Friday Art Walk, Sports Authority Field, Pepsi Center, Elitch Gardens, Coors Field, Weir Gulch Park and more!
ABOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD:
The neighborhood was ranked by the Denver Business Journal as "Denver's hottest neighborhood in 2016!!" It was once owned (and named after) P.T. Barnum of the Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus! This same house in Highlands would rent for $2100 + per month (25% more!!)
It's in a fun and now quite-popular neighborhood near several microbreweries (i.e. Wit's End, Black Sky, Crazy Mountain, Seedstock, Little Machine, Strange Craft, and Prost) with 10 more breweries coming to Denver in 2017!! A lot of new restaurants, bars, and breweries are opening in the area along with some wonderful staples that have been around a long time. Some of our personal restaurant favorites include Pho 96, Los Molcajetes, Los Carboncitos, and Saigon Bowl.
We will consider one dog, 40 pounds or less, with a $500 refundable deposit. We would like to meet the pet and see references. The pet must be current on vaccinations and spayed/neutered.
We will be doing a credit and background check. There is a $39.99 application fee, which is the expense to run the report. I'm not looking for perfection on the credit report, but wont consider renting to someone who has bad credit. We will also need a drivers license or a photo ID, employment verification and 1-3 personal and previous landlord references via an online service. We will send a link to anyone that would like to apply and it takes less than 24 hours to confirm.
Keywords: Barnum, Athmar Park, Sloan's Lake, Highlands, LoHi, LoDo, Downtown, Sunnyside, Berkeley, Jefferson Park, 80211, 80212, 80204, 80219, 80223
Denver Events: http://www.denver.org/
Denver Bike Maps: https://www.denvergov.org/content/denvergov/en/bicycling-in-denver/resources/bike-maps.html
How to plan your trip (via bus, light rail, etc,): http://www.rtd-denver.com/HowToRide.shtml
Breweries in Denver: http://www.fermentedlychallenged.com/p/denver-area-breweries-map.html or http://denverbreweryguide.com/maps.aspx
Barnum Blogger: http://welcometobarnum.blogspot.com/